- Get estimates from movers (the ones who actually come and look at your stuff are the best, unless you really don't have a lot of stuff)
- Decide on a mover and book them
- Go through all your stuff that you have in storage and donate or sell what you haven't been using. Moving is always a good time to do some spring cleaning.
- Voter registration
- US Postal Service
- HR at your employer
- All credit card companies
- Your Amazon account and any other online accounts that you use regularly
- Anywhere you have a loan
- Health insurance providers
- Professional services - Accountant, Advisors, etc
- Mileage programs with airlines
- Memberships at various places
- Friends and family - If you'd prefer not to send an email and like the old fashioned post card, you can use a service like Shutterfly, and even include a picture of your new home.